5 Reasons Senior Pets are Super Heroes!
- They’ve already gone through their puppy stage. Senior dogs have already chewed all the shoes their hearts desired and now they are ready to settle in for some serious naps on the couch with you.
- Senior Discounts – Many shelters and rescues offer reduced adoption fees for older pets. If you think a senior animal may be for you, talk to your local rescue about senior adoption rates.
- What you see is what you get! When you are adopting a younger dog or puppy, you may not be informed or prepared for different needs that crop up as the dog gets older. When adopting a senior dog you’ll already know important information like health history, full grown size, and grooming needs. Senior dogs have done all the growing they are going to do and they come to you with their own personal history that can help you decided what dog best fits your situation .
- They respect a good night at home. Let’s face it. While puppies are probably the single cutest thing ever, they also are a lot of work. Adopting a senior dog means a lot of the work is already done for you. Most elder dogs already know the basic commands and are well-mannered sidekicks.
- You CAN teach an old dog new tricks. Senior dogs may get a bad rap but they are just as willing and able to learn new tricks as their younger counterparts. They can actually be easier to train because they are calmer and more attentive.
Recommended for Senior Dogs